Friday, May 2, 2008

JC's have arrived and I'm not talking about the carpenter!






I'm not going to lie, I never used to like JC's. It was something to do with  his outline that I was never really into. My conversion started this winter at one of the surf trade shows. It was the El Quatro model that caught my eye. The nose was a bit fuller but not fish/funboard wide, just a bit more beef for added floatation and paddling. What stoked me out on this board is the double bump wings that start at just a quarter of the way up from the tail. Then it ends with a nice Diamond tail, perfect for letting you round out your turns a bit more. And I'm on a quad kick lately. So, you've got this perfect summer board that you can utilize the rails fully but still apply pressure to the tail and make a nice tight turn. Quads can be great for rounding out your turns but sometimes it can make tighter tuns a little harder to come by. Obviously depending on the board shape but this thing is going to fly and snap perfectly in the pocket. Check out some of the latest JC's we just got in below. The SD3 (Shane Dorian Model) is looking pretty filthy! It's going to go insane in some decent waves!  Come and get em while their hot...
Also, We got Quiet Flights on their way! Those boards are going to so sick! 
Cheers,
-China Ty
 

No comments: