Friday, March 21, 2008

Why "The Late Arvo Sesh"?

Arvo: (Arvo, an Australian slang term for Afternoon)
Sesh: (Sesh, An abbriviation of the word session, may relate to drinking, surfing, excessive computer gaming or anything else that lasts a prolonged period of time.)

A few of us sat on the beach. We had just got in from a late afternoon/early evening surf. The sun was now setting and a mate of mine from Oz handed me a bottle of Pilsen Trujillo Cerveza. I sat next to him on the beach and watched the sun setting over the pacific. We were in Peru. The waves were 4-6. Winds were light and variable. It was a good moment to reflect on the day, the waves ridden, the people we met, and just savor the dying seconds of the day. My Aussie mate turned to me and said "Good late arvo sesh, eh? "
I sat there, mind surfed an empty wave and then turned to him, nodded and raised my bottle to the setting sun.

No comments: